The 2023 World Airline Awards to be held at the 2023 Paris Air Show
Skytrax have announced that the 2023 World Airline Awards will take place in the Musée de l’Air et de l’Espace (Air and Space Museum) at the Paris Air Show on Tuesday 20th June 2023.
Launched in 1999, this year is the 24th anniversary of the World Airline Awards. Widely regarded as ‘the Oscars of the aviation industry’, the World Airline Awards remain independent and impartial. Airlines do not pay to be included, and unlike many “paid-for” awards gala ceremonies, there are no costs involved to attend the awards event or subsequent marketing rights.
Over 350 guests attended the 2022 World Airline Awards event held at The Langham in London, with airlines represented by their President, Chairman, CEO’s and other top management, and more than 100 cabin and ground staff from 30 airlines added great colour and elegance to the event.
Commenting on the 2023 event, Edward Plaisted of Skytrax said: “We are delighted to be holding the World Airline Awards back at the Paris Air Show this year. It is the world’s premier air show event, and it has been missed during COVID-19 when the 2021 show was cancelled. Having the awards at the Paris Air Show is always a very popular choice for the airlines attending, and the iconic Musée de l’Air et de l’Espace provides a most unique and fabulous venue at the centre of the Air Show.”
Over 80 awards will be presented, including:
- The World’s Best Airline
- The World’s Top 100 Airline Ranking
- The World’s Best Cabin Staff
- The World’s Best First Class
- The World’s Best Business Class
- The World’s Best Premium Economy Class
- The World’s Best Economy Class
- The World’s Best Low-Cost Airline
- The World’s Best Regional Airline
- The World’s Best Leisure Airline
- The World’s Most Improved Airline
- The World’s Best Airport Services
- The World’s Best First Class Lounge
- The World’s Best Business Class Lounge
- The World’s Best Frequent Flyer Lounge
- The World’s Best Independent Airport Lounge
- The World’s Best Airline Alliance
- The World’s Best Inflight Entertainment
- The World’s Best Airline Catering (by cabin class)
- The World’s Best Airline Seats (by cabin class)
- The World’s Best Airlines (by region)
- The World’s Best Low-Cost Airlines (by region)
- The World’s Best Regional Airlines (by region)
- The World’s Best Airline Staff (by region)
The Oscars of the aviation industry
A key factor behind retaining independence for the World Airline Awards is based around some media driven awards that in many instances are either very localised and claim world’s best results, are based on very limited customer voting, or in some cases demonstrate direct allegiance to their paid advertisers. Some award systems even base results on extracting selected data from unverified and unchecked customer reviews.
The Skytrax focus has always been on detail, quality and transparency that we believe is unmatched, and the fact that we maintain strict adherence to our company mission of all projects being without fear or favour. In today’s world it is very unfashionable that Skytrax operate the awards on a not-for-profit basis, but Skytrax place the prestige and reputation of the World Airline Awards above such factors.
About The World Airline Awards
The World Airline Awards began in 1999, when Skytrax launched its first global, annual airline customer satisfaction survey. Over 100 customer nationalities have participated so far in the 2022-2023 survey, and travellers across the globe take part each year in the world’s largest airline passenger satisfaction survey to decide the winners. There are no survey entry fees, no charge for airlines to attend the awards event, and no charges for any use of the award logos and results by winning airlines.
To attend the World Airline Awards
Entry to the Awards Ceremony on 20th June 2023 is strictly by Ticket Invitation. If you wish to apply for an attendance ticket, please Contact us.